TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
The Nutritional Therapy Descriptor:
· Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance and individual care. Nutritional therapy practitioners use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual's symptoms and health concerns. This approach allows them to work with individuals to address nutritional balance and help support the body towards maintaining health. Nutritional therapy is recognised as complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and wellbeing.
· Practitioners consider each individual to be unique and recommend personalised nutrition and lifestyle programmes, rather than a 'one size fits all' approach.
· Practitioners never recommend nutritional therapy as a replacement for medical advice and always refer any client with 'red flag' signs or symptoms to their medical professional. They will also frequently work alongside a medical professional and will communicate with other healthcare professionals involved in the client's care to explain any nutritional therapy programme that has been provided, should this be needed.
The Nutritional Therapist requires the client to note the following:
Tanya Cohen (founder of Simply Nutritious) is a Registered Nutritionist and Nutritional Therapist BSc(hons) DipBCNH ANutr BANT CNHC.
· She is a full member of the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT), which is the governing body setting standards of professional practice; the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), the UK voluntary regulator for complementary health practitioners and The Association For Nutrition (AFN), whose role is to protect and benefit the public. The AFN hold a UK Register of qualified Nutritionists recognised by the NHS and Public Health England.
· For BANT and CHNC Tanya Cohen has agreed to abide by their ‘Code of Conduct, Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice’. Full details are available: www.bant.org.uk and www.cnhc.org.uk · Tanya Cohen has full indemnity Insurance with Balens Ltd. www.balens.co.uk
· The degree of benefit obtainable from Nutritional Therapy may vary between clients with similar health problems and no claim is made as to the efficacy of any Nutritional Therapy programmes.
· Nutritional advice will be individually tailored to support health conditions and/or health concerns identified and agreed between both Nutritional Therapist and Client.
· Tanya Cohen welcomes consultations with clients under 18, but they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
· Tanya Cohen may recommend food supplements and/or functional testing as part of your Nutritional Therapy programme and may receive a commission on these products or services.
· Nutritional therapists are not permitted to diagnose or claim to treat medical conditions. They aim to assess and address the underlying causes of the individual’s ill health and make suggestions to help with symptom management.
· Nutritional advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment.
·I am responsible for contacting my GP about any health concerns.
·I will notify my GP and/or Consultant and/or any other medical provider about any nutritional intervention provided by the Nutritional Therapist. This is necessary because of any possible interactions between medication, herbs, supplements and diet, advised by the Nutritional Therapist.
· I will tell my Nutritional Therapist about any medical diagnosis, medication, herbal or other medicine, or food supplements that I am taking. This is so that the Nutritional Therapist does not recommend duplicates of what you may already be taking, or products which may interact.
· If I am unclear about the agreed nutritional therapy programme/food supplement doses/any recommendations, I should contact my Nutritional Therapist promptly for clarification.
· I must contact my Nutritional Therapist should I wish to continue any specified supplement programme for longer than the agreed period, to avoid any potential adverse reactions.
· I am advised to report any concerns about nutritional therapy promptly to my Nutritional Therapist for discussion and action.
· Information about you disclosed during your sessions or in the pre-consultation forms will be kept confidential. If your Nutritional Therapist has serious concerns about your safety, or the safety of another person, normal confidentiality may be lifted.
· You will be asked to provide your GP’s contact details, as someone they may contact in these circumstances. Simply Nutritious keeps a record of your name, contact details and dates and times of your appointments on a password-protected database.
· Your Nutritional Therapist may suggest you see other registered therapists to support your goals. In this instance, Simply Nutritious will ask you for your informed consent to share relevant information with the other registered therapists and ask if there is anything that you want to remain confidential.
The Payment Terms:
· Initial Consultations (circa 1hr): £150. Follow-Up Consultations (circa 45mins): £130. 15min Progress Reviews: £50
· These fees do not include costs for laboratory testing.
· Payment must be made either prior to the consultation or within 14 days from receiving the invoice.
· Payment method: Bank transfer or card / cash (for consultations in Clinic only).
· Cancellation Policy: Simply Nutritious appreciates that circumstances can change. If you need to rearrange an appointment or cancel an appointment, please let us know at the earliest convenience. Please note there is a 50% charge if notified within 24 hours of your appointment and 100% if you do not notify us.
· In the event that you cancel a pre-paid consultation within the Cancellation Period, the sum due to you will be refunded within 14 days.
We understand the above and agree that our professional relationship will be based on the content of this document. We declare that all the information we share during this professional relationship is confidential and to the best of our knowledge, true and correct.